Monday, October 05, 2015

Monday update

 
Greens are only being single cut triplexed today so labor can be dedicated to cleanup.  We will however double cut the next 2 days and be back to where we want to be come Wednesday.  The golf course drained remarkably well and the only holes that remain cart path only are #5,6 and 11!  That is impressive considering we just weathered 15.5" of rain.  By tomorrow afternoon, most all of the golf course will be mowed out. 
 
During the storm, I turned the irrigation pump station off because my gut feeling told me to.  This morning, we pressured everything back up.  Why is this significant you ask?  Well, it's not.  I just love this pump station...it was new 2 years ago...and night and day compared to the dinosaur we used prior.  I want to let you know how much this is appreciated!  It will be here for another 30 years and I will love then as I love it now.  I am not ashamed to say it! 
 
 
 
Dan Marshall (Community Association) and I met with Cashiers Paving to outline the paving project set to begin in November.  All Club roads including Hummingbird (Rd and Circle) will be re-asphalted starting the first week of November.  The parking lot at the Hudson House will also be resurfaced, but not until spring when the Hudson Renovation is completed.